AIBN Premier member
|Become an IAP Premier member.|
An AIBN Premier member is an organisation seeking to establish the premium level of engagement with the AIBN in order to promote collaborative research and development and/or gain access to facilities important to the organisation.
Premier Member Benefit Package
- An introduction to AIBN, including orientation and review of facilities;
- Customised Industrial Affiliate Access Package which includes:
- An initial consultation with one or more AIBN personnel most closely aligned with the needs of the Industrial Affiliate;
- A subsequent 20% discount on standard AIBN consulting fees for AIBN personnel; OR
- A subsequent 15% discount on normal rates for access to AIBN managed facilities; OR
- A workshop involving selected AIBN staff in conjunction with negotiated access to AIBN personnel and facilities; OR
- A customised training program, with discounted fees, to address the specific needs of the Industrial Affiliate; OR
- A combination of access to AIBN personnel, facilities and training to be negotiated with the AIBN.
- A confidential review of new intellectual property generated by AIBN researchers in advance of public disclosure;
- An opportunity to nominate suitably qualified staff members of the Industrial Affiliate to be considered by AIBN for appointment as an Academic Adjunct of The University of Queensland (UQ);
- An invitation to nominated staff members of the Industrial Affiliate to attend weekly AIBN Seminars subject to confidentiality requirements;
- An invitation to key staff members of the Industrial Affiliate to attend the annual International Conference on BioNano Innovation (ICBNI) and have a representative join senior staff for networking following the conference subject to AIBN confidentiality requirements;
- Invitation to representatives to attend an annual Industry Networking Function;
- Invitation to the Industrial Affiliate’s CEO or nominee and one other senior staff member to attend the AIBN Thought Leaders Dinner, at which industry trends and challenges are discussed.
- Access to a dedicated AIBN Industrial Affiliate Contact who will act as AIBN’s relationship manager and will facilitate access to researchers;
- Interaction with selected AIBN research students to identify suitably qualified individuals for possible future employment;
- Opportunity to generate new international connections by accessing AIBN’s networks;
- Copies of the AIBN Quarterly Newsletters and Annual Report.
- Certificate acknowledging status as an AIBN Premier member;
- The organisation’s name listed in the AIBN Annual Report as an Premier member;
- Formal acknowledgements in the AIBN foyer and at selected AIBN functions and events.
$30,000 pa (plus GST).
 “Facilities” means equipment and technical services managed by AIBN. This provision specifically excludes access to or rental of laboratory space. Access may include testing conducted on AIBN-managed equipment and/or training of personnel to use and operate AIBN equipment; OR
 Training is limited to areas of AIBN expertise.
 Confidential access is provided to protected intellectual property, such as submitted Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications, in a timely manner prior to general release and prior to publication.
 Adjunct appointments contribute to the activities of the University of Queensland and gain certain rights and responsibilities associated with appointment as an academic staff member of the University. An AIBN Industrial Affiliate is an organisation seeking to establish the premium level of engagement with the AIBN in order to promote collaborative research and development and/or gain access to facilities important to the organisation.