Domestic students are citizens of Australia and New Zealand, or permanent residents of Australia.

International students are all applicants that do not fit the above criteria. International students require a student visa to undertake their research higher degree (RHD) in Australia.

An International student needs to secure or demonstrate the capacity to meet the two categories of funding associated with undertaking an RHD:

  1. A living allowance scholarship to cover the expense of accommodation, food and travel for the duration of their degree; and
  2. A tuition fee scholarship to cover the cost of the tuition provided by the AIBN for the duration of their degree.

A variety of scholarships are available to international RHD students (redirects to UQ Graduate School page).

Scholarships for International Students section

Tuition Fee & Living Allowance Scholarships

Information for Domestic and International students about Living Allowance Scholarships administered by UQ.

On this site